QUOTE OF THE DAY (OR MORE): "No, no. You don't understand. This is an '89 Calico. I'm pretty sure that exceeds the Kelly Blue Book value. The cat's totaled." --A comedian whose name I forget talking about a vet who presents a $3,000 bill for a 12-year-old cat

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Quick laugh


My 10-year-old son has extremely fine, sandy blonde hair. Bed head, for him, resembles a bird's nest mostly confined to the back of his head, where all of the fine hair gets pushed up as if it's been teased for a Broadway debut in Hairspray.


Last Friday morning was no exception. He came downstairs with a perfectly normal, combed-looking front and a crazy back. This did not bother my son. He is not out to impress anyone in 5th grade, apparently. When I expressed dismay that he would go to school with his hair looking that way, he simply replied: "oh c'mon, ma... it's just business in the front and a party in the back!" How can I argue?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to let me know what you think - especially if you like it. If not, please reconsider (just kidding!) I can take constructive criticism! Really I can...