QUOTE OF THE DAY (OR MORE): "No, no. You don't understand. This is an '89 Calico. I'm pretty sure that exceeds the Kelly Blue Book value. The cat's totaled." --A comedian whose name I forget talking about a vet who presents a $3,000 bill for a 12-year-old cat

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Listen to your heart

A couple of days ago the 14-year-old and I were heading out the door in the morning to school. A pencil was lying on the kitchen counter. I hate clutter.

"Is that your pencil, buddy?" I asked.

"Yeah," he replied without a shadow of guilt for having left it lying around (just kidding. If I flipped out every time a kid left a pencil lying around, in addition to the hundreds of other random items of crap they magically spread from their domain throughout the house I would be in a mental hospital).

"Do you need it for school today?" I lovingly questioned.

"What does your heart tell you?" he questioned in return.

ya can't make this stuff up.

10 comments:

  1. oh, the loveliness of 14 year old boys...

    funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love it when you find the perfect graphic?

    I was going to type an inventory of the clutter just within reaching distance but it was too depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cats! Did you just about pee your pants laughing?!!?? He's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "My heart tells me I should punch you in the mouth for being such a wise-ass, but my brain tells me that I'd probably get a visit from Child Protective Services. So how about you pick up the f-ing pencil and save us all a lot of hassle, 'kay?"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how our kids have found the perfect way of getting us "unmad" at them!

    What a character!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Chris, um SMACK! WHAMMMO!!
    I recently added "make your own menu" night to the kids regular chores. Thinking that it would be fun for them to choose their night to cook, avoiding the "i don't like this dinner" scenario....MY 14 yr old looks at me, (i thought he would love this idea -- likes to cook) and says, "what, are we going to do all your jobs for you now"... sadly, he has passed away mysteriously....jk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was and still am always finding a thousand bobby pins around the house. Umm...I've got short hair and the Big Tuna has none, that only leaves one suspect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME! If that were my son I would kiss his face off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found your blog tonight, and am enjoying it. I'll be reading back through all of it.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think - especially if you like it. If not, please reconsider (just kidding!) I can take constructive criticism! Really I can...