QUOTE OF THE DAY (OR MORE): "No, no. You don't understand. This is an '89 Calico. I'm pretty sure that exceeds the Kelly Blue Book value. The cat's totaled." --A comedian whose name I forget talking about a vet who presents a $3,000 bill for a 12-year-old cat

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A boy and his dog... oh and the cat

So while 10-almost-11-year-old son is plotting what he wants for his birthday (see 2 posts down), 13-year-old-sometimes-smart-alecky-but-most-of-the-time-still-sweet-son is bonding with his dog... I can't help it. Watching my favorite canine girl and my favorite 13-year-old play together makes me chuckle, especially since she is more agile and athletic than he:

[please ignore the oven timer buzzing in the background...sorry. At least it's proof that I actually cook sometimes!..the frozen pizza... I mean baked Mahi Mahi... was done!]

Meanwhile, behind me, indoor-Katie-cat attempts her escape. She's had it with the indoor world of being chased by the dog. She's throwing her paws into the air and chancing it on the outside world (with no claws). Goodbye, cold, cruel, indoor world where my poop and tinkle are scooped for me, my food is provided, I nap the whole day long, and I try to eat the big goofy animal's dinner... no, it's out to the adventurous outdoors for me...

Sadly for her, Katie's escape is attempt is cruelly thwarted in a matter of minutes. It's back to the drawing board for her. Will she slip out a different door? Slowly dig a tunnel? What will she think of next?

6 comments:

  1. I'm so in love with her it's not even funny!

    We need to have a play date with Deja and Sophie! They look a lot a like and btw we, Honey and I, are still trying to talk hubby into a trip to SC to take a look at those puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute dog, cute kid, cute cat, cute oven timer, ya, ya, ya. What the hell with the big, green, lush gorgeous backyard!!!!????? I am soooooooooo jealous! I hate SoCal! Hate hate hate it! I am going to come visit and I will sit on your cute, white furniture, watch your kids play with the dog and I will have a margarita waiting for you when you come back from running your hills. (I'll be drinking one while I wait, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute video (and kids and pets).

    Cats are crazy. They always want what they don't have and then they don't know what to do with it once they get it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cleaned my backyard today. I thought it looked great. And then I saw the top video. My backyard sucks.

    All your critters are neato, by the way. Even your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great video. I feel for the cat too. Actually my husband does. I say - hey, let me stay home all day and be fed and taken care of you won't hear a peep out of me.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to let me know what you think - especially if you like it. If not, please reconsider (just kidding!) I can take constructive criticism! Really I can...