Who says it's not possible to get a traditional education in Las Vegas?
At the Paris hotel and casino on the strip, you can learn french! For free! No need to sign up for boring, time-consuming classes, either. Simply use the public restroom in the casino area. That's right, folks. Just by utilizing the toilette, one can learn key phrases in the french language. A continuous, pre-recorded, background monologue of both a male and a female voice broadcasts in the bathrooms (both the ladies' and the mens'), teaching you much-needed vital phrases. The sensuous voice utters the phrase in English, then repeats the phrase in French.
It became VERY exciting to use the restroom among our group of intrepid travelers; we would emerge after the experience, congregate, and bemusedly exchange the most recent phrases we learned. Here are some examples (only in English, because I wasn't taking notes while giggling):
- "Your clothes would look great on my bedroom floor."
- "Do you believe in love at first sight? Or should I walk by again?"
- "Has anyone seen my panties?"
- "If my husband calls, I'm not here."
- "Where is my wedding ring?"
- "I shaved my legs for this?"
- "Oh la la. I'm never drinking again."
The beautiful and classy fleur de lys tiles in the ladies' room truly mitigated any kind of raunchy connotation during the lessons, and the phrases were almost so soft as to be subliminal; indeed, it was challenging to hear the lessons amid the pesky, yet necessary flushing and hand-drying.
I searched Google images to provide you with a picture of the pretty bathroom; however, astonishingly, no one has posted a photo of the Paris Casino's public restroom and I, myself, was not witty enough to have snapped one.
What a fabulous idea it would be to broadcast subliminal messages in my own bathroom, particularly, ahem, one in which the husband spends a significant amount of time. OOh I get giddy just thinking about the possibilities; it could be a subliminal "honey do list" or just a sardonic medium to communicate to him in the inner sanctum:
- "You should really take the wife out to dinner tonight..."
- "The laundry is really piling up, huh? Maybe you should pitch in..."
- "A movie would be really fun Friday night."
- "Grilling is fun and easy."
- "The vegetable garden would really benefit from having a fence around it to keep out the vermin."
- "Weeding is great exercise... you really should weed more..."
- "Gosh the wife's voice sounds sweet when she's nagging."
- "Hey! Watch where you're aiming!"
I mean, the possibilities are without limit.... what would you broadcast in your bathroom?